LAMDA exam classes - Ages 8 - 18
York Stage is proud to say we had a 100% pass rate last year with 97% of students acheiveing merit or distinction honours!
York Stage School will again offer LAMDA Acting Exams and will also run Musical Theatre classes for the academic year 2021/22. These classes will take place across ten week cycles, before taking their exams just after the Easter holiday. These classes will take place on a Wednesday either 5pm - 6pm or 6pm - 7pm at the John Cooper Studio @41 Monkgate. There will also be a Medals class for older students taking their Grade 6-8 medals.
During the classes, small groups of children will be mentored and coached as they prepare material for the LAMDA Exams which will take place towards the end of the Summer term. A LAMDA Exam is the speech and drama equivalent of a music grade. Like music grades, these Exams culminate at Grade 8 and students receive UCAS points for Grades 6+.
Founded in 1861, LAMDA is the oldest drama school in the UK.
LAMDA have developed an enviable reputation for delivering excellence in the provision of Communication and Performance examinations in the UK and are rapidly extending their reach internationally.
The process of preparing for and succeeding in a LAMDA examination essentially helps learners, whatever their ages or aspirations, to develop a broad range of skills that will serve them throughout life. Across the range, LAMDA examinations develop a learner’s ability to:
• read easily, fluently and with good understanding
• expand vocabulary to improve powers of self-expression
• improve confidence in speaking and listening
• memorise and recall information
• engage in constructive informal conversation
• work both on his/her own and participate as a member of a team.
No matter what direction students may choose to follow in the future, LAMDA examinations provide the opportunity to nurture their natural abilities.
Cost: £9 per week, £7 for full Stage School students (payable termly).
Our next cohort of LAMDA students will be enrolling September 2022.
- This class takes place on a Wednesday 5-6pmJohn Cooper Studio TheatreThis class takes place on a Wednesday 5-6pmJohn Cooper Studio Theatre, 7PB, 41 Monkgate, York YO31 7PB, UKThis weekly one hour class will give students the opportunity to prepare for the nationally recognised LAMDA Musical Theatre qualifications which will be examined by an external examiner in the Summer term. £9 per week (£7 to full Stage School students), payable termly (Exam fee invoiced separate)
- This class takes place on a Wednesday 5-6pmJohn Cooper Studio TheatreThis class takes place on a Wednesday 5-6pmJohn Cooper Studio Theatre, 7PB, 41 Monkgate, York YO31 7PB, UKThis weekly one hour class will give students the opportunity to prepare for the nationally recognised LAMDA Acting qualifications which will be examined by an external examiner in the Summer term. £9 per week, payable termly (Exam fee invoiced separately)